EX-DENMARK STAR THOMAS KAHLENBERG TESTS POSITIVE FOR CORONAVIRUS AFTER ATTENDING A BROADBY MATCH…

Date:

Former Denmark player Thomas Kahlenberg has tested positive for Coronavirus.

Kahlenberg, who represented the nation at the 2010 World Cup, has been put in quarantine. He recently returned from a trip to Amsterdam and attended a match on Sunday, according to Danish club Brondby.

The Copenhagen-based team said on Thursday that 13 people have been placed in home quarantine following the game against Lyngby.

[adinserter name=”Block 2″]

In a separate statement, Lyngby said three of its players – Martin Ornskov, Kasper Jorgensen and Patrick da Silva – had been ‘in contact’ with Kahlenberg and have been sent home and placed into quarantine.

Health authorities in Denmark are looking for other people who have been in ‘direct physical contact’ with Kahlenberg, who Brondby said is ‘doing well according to circumstances and is in good spirit.’

Brondby club official Carsten V. Jensen said the club is urging fans who may have been in direct physical contact with Kahlenberg to call the club ‘so that health authorities can contact them directly and assess whether quarantine is justified.’

EX-DENMARK STAR THOMAS KAHLENBERG TESTS POSITIVE FOR CORONAVIRUS AFTER ATTENDING A BROADBY MATCH...
EX-DENMARK STAR THOMAS KAHLENBERG TESTS POSITIVE FOR CORONAVIRUS AFTER ATTENDING A BROADBY MATCH…

Kahlenberg (centre), who represented Denmark at the 2010 World Cup, is now in quarantine

They added that Kahlenberg had met with fans and but also had been with members of the club, including defender Joel Kabongo, assistant coach Martin Retov and CEO Ole Palma.

Details of his trip to Amsterdam were not immediately known.

Kahlenberg played 47 times for Denmark, including all three group games at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, and scored five goals in his international career.

[adinserter name=”Block 2″]

He started and finished his professional career with Brondby but also also played for German club Wolfsburg and French clubs Auxerre and Evian.

HOW CORONAVIRUS HAS HIT THE WORLD OF SPORT SO FAR

The scale of the outbreak in Japan saw senior International Olympic Committee member Dick Pound describe the disease as ‘the new war’ threatening Tokyo 2020 and he warned the Games may have to be cancelled if the virus was still around by May.

Olympic organisers told athletes to train as normal with no decision on cancellation

The Japanese government later insisted Pound’s comments were not the IOC’s official stance but there remains doubts over whether the summer showcase can still go ahead with health concerns.

[adinserter name=”Block 2″]

Athletes have been told to keep training and the plan remains to hold the Games in Japan as planned but training for around 80,000 volunteers has been delayed for at least two months- it was due to begin on February 22.

54 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

US justice officials outline Trump’s ‘brazen’ takeover bid

Lawmakers investigating the attack on the US Capitol on...

Police kill bandit, recover 2 guns, motorcycle in Kaduna

Police in Kaduna State have killed one bandit and...

Bridging Nigeria’s broadband gap for economic growth

Broadband Internet is high-speed Internet access that is always...

UK court denies Ekweremadu, wife bail over child trafficking, organ harvesting

Former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, alongside his wife,...