The publishers of evergreen newspaper and online media use this opportunity to call the attention of the public to disregard any fake information against the institution of federal Polytechninc Nekede owerri Imo State of job employment.
And also in collaboration with the Rector, the Public Relation Officer (PRO) and the management of the federal Polytechnic Nekede has been drawn to the publication made by the Nigeria Horn Newspaper and read as Newspaper review in some radio stations captioned “Alleged Job raketeering rocks Federal Polytechnic Nekede,”the Polytechnic therefore, notifies the public for clarify purposes and states thus÷
- That the authority of the institution is not associated with any form of employment racketeering and has never been since the inception of the institution what more now than the institution has a minister of God and its chief executive.
- The employment and procedures are carried out in accordance with federal Government directives.
- That the employment and admission in federal Polytechnic Nekede are not sale and will never be.
- That the management is aware of the allegation against a staff concerning extortion of money from the members of the public but cannot for now ascertain the essence of the extortion.
- That the institution has issued a query to the said staff to allow him accept or deny the allegation.
- That crime or indiscipline of a single individuals should not be over generalized against the entire group.
- That the Rector of the institution who from his days as a student and president of scripture Union till his ordination as an anti-corruption personality to the knoweledge of all who had come in contact with him.
- Any association of his long built and cherished are with any form of racketeering is a dangerous black mail that is worth condemination .
- That the publication made by Nigeria Horn Newspaper was unverified. There is need for the media houses to verify their information before publication to avoid tarnishing another person’s image . This is because the news published misrepresents the Rector’s information.
10. The Polytechnic therefore demands a retraction, and an unqualified apology from the Nigeria Horn Newspaper forthwith or else the institution would wish the Newspaper to prove as appropriate who accused The staff and management of the institution of indulging in job racketeering.
We therefore urge the public to ignore the publication from Nigeria Horn Newspaper that accuses the Rector and staff of Federal Polytechnic Nekede of employment racketeering as it reads”The Rector of Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri, Dr. Michael Chidiebere Arimanwa and staff of the institution have been accused of indulging in job racketeering with the institution”.
This quotation is not only mischievous, it is also a misinformation to the general public and therefore not acceptable to the institution. The records should always be put straight and right.
Nwosu Ever Bezze